I know this is bold, but I have to be completely honest with you.
Most people post pictures of their house after they clean, paint, upgrade, or decorate.
This post is not about any of those things.
My house is a mess.
And these are my excuses.

1. When I asked Bryan's aunt (who has 8 kids) for advice on raising children, she said,
"It's okay to have a messy house."

2. Although he can sit up, roll, and scoot, Joseph still likes to be held a lot. When he's awake, it is hard to hold him and clean anything below my waist level.

3. Paying attention to my kids is more important.

4. We really do clean up our clutter on a daily basis. But we really do have 5 people contributing to the clutter.

5. I would be cleaning literally all day if I wanted a clean house.

6. Caleb takes a long time (and a lot of encouragement) to get ready for school. This means we are usually rushing out the door to get him there on time, leaving behind our lunch mess to clean later.

7. Sometimes I don't have time to clean.

8. We can't work all day, we have to play too.

9. I took a short nap this morning.

10. Potty-training makes me pause whatever I'm doing and come running to try to prevent accidents.

11. Sometimes I don't feel like cleaning.

12. One mom vs. three kids. 'Nuff said.
5 comments:
We had four under five, before we could really expect any help from the oldest. It was sure great when our little Brianne started to help. Solution...have more kids.
True Story Bri! I find myself obsessing about cleaning when Kate goes down for a nap...yet it is inevitable that after she wakes up, it looks the same as it did. I've resolved that kids=messy house...do your best, but ultimately enjoy the childhoods of your kids!! (sometimes easier said than done, I know...)
Haha, I like that post. I had don't have kids for an excuse, but I have school, homework, a husband, and young women's. My mom's excuse is that she has all of Grandma's stuff in her house. I don't think there's an easy answer no matter what stage of life you're at.
I wholeheartedly loved this post. My pictures would equal yours, but I can't remember to get "camera batteries" on the shopping list (where is it???) I think you do fabulous job with that. Thank you for saying what ALL of us feel. Little people just plain need to be held, and mom just plain needs a break once in a while. Federal law allows a 15 min break every four work hours...moms work a 16 hour shift. where's the hour break and quiet lunch? And why would you spend your "break" cleaning? I need a "p-day!"
You are one clever lady Bri. My house looks the same and I don't think that I will ever keep it clean. You are very brave to post pictures of your messy house.
Post a Comment