I've had several ideas swimming around in my head of things I want to blog about. But I'm not sure I would have much to say about any of them. So here are a few of my thoughts for your reading pleasure.
1. It seems that many people are trying to be politically correct about what wishes and greetings they offer each other at this time of year. And so I have made a specific effort to say "Merry Christmas." Jesus Christ is the greatest gift we have been given. Let's celebrate Him, and not just some generic holiday. People just need to get over themselves if they are offended by Christmas.
2. I don't know when I learned how to close doors properly, but there is a proper way. A loud ka-chunk is just not okay if there is A) a meeting going on or B) the possibility of a child sleeping. It is just as easy to get in the habit of turning the doorknob before you pull the door quietly closed, then turn the doorknob back to latch. Unfortunately, all my doorknobs squeak, so I will be buying new ones soon.
3. My parents moved. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I'm glad. I'm glad that they are closer to us now. I'm glad to leave behind a lot of my conflicted feelings associated with adolescence and certain people and difficult memories. I'm indifferent because I keep in good contact with my friends who are still there, and many of my friends have moved from there anyway. I'm indifferent because my parents moved into a new house after I went to college, so I'm not attached to the house. I'm very sad to leave behind other certain people and wonderful memories. I haven't lived there for almost ten years, but I feel so sad that I probably won't go back now that my parents are gone. And we won't likely go back to the place Bryan went to grad school either. And I'm very sad to leave behind those friends, although many of them have left too. It's a weird kind of nostalgia.
4. My youngest child's name should be pronounced [ʣo'zəf] not [ʣo'səf].
I guess that's all for now. Thanks for reading.
1 comment:
I'm with you on the doorknob idea. We have neighbors who slam their door EVERY time they leave their house, it is very annoying.
Post a Comment