Years ago, I wrote a blog post, I don't even remember which. And someone made critical comments. So I changed the settings to Private.
Let me back up a bit.
I have been shy most of my life. I remember not being shy in Kindergarten, maybe. And compounding my shyness is anxiety. I think most of it is nature, and some of it may have been compounded by nurture.
Either way, I really, I mean REALLY, worry about what other people think or say about me; or in the case of my blog, what someone said about my writing.
I wish I could just blow things off and let them go, but it is much harder to do than to say.
So I'm going out there on a limb. I'm going to make my blog public.
You will find some of my inner workings and confessions here. You will find my testimony. You will find my treasures. You will find my imperfections.
Most importantly, I hope that if you read my blog, you will come away thinking and saying about me that I love God and that I'm trying to follow His Son, Jesus Christ.
2 comments:
Oddly enough it takes a lot of courage for some of us to share our writing. It's just such a personal and intimate craft. Much like our feeling for the gospel, our writing can be so precious to us that we fail to share it due to the fear of having it be rejected by others.
Proud of you for taking the leap.
Love you, Brianne.
Post a Comment