Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Solo

I chose to have children, putting my musical talent on the back-burner.

Lucky for me, I have a wonderful husband who supports my efforts to use it where I can. I am in the local choir, which is a great artistic outlet. It is me-time; it is challenging; it is rewarding.

Every once in a while, there is an opportunity to audition for a solo. I find that I have a strong distaste for the part of the competition that determines who is best. That is not why I show up. I am competing for the opportunity to use the full extent of my gift in solo singing.

Last night, I auditioned for a classical solo (literally from the Classical era, for all you music buffs). Which is what my voice was designed for.

In the words of Caleb, I won!

So in four weeks, I will be singing this song, and hopefully sounding very similar to Ms. van Tol.


3 comments:

Sharley said...

Yay! congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Bryan said...

You won! Way to go - why didn't you tell me :) haha - can't wait to hear the performance. I'll have poster signs in the audience!

Jenni said...

That is great!