Friday, September 3, 2010

It's a...

Healthy baby!

Okay, so those of you who don't know the gender yet may not even know the question was to be begged.

This is partly because we waited a long time to tell family.

And then there was the awkwardness of how to break the news. Most of the time it was like this:

"Yeah, I'm feeling really sick because I'm pregnant."
and
"Yes, thanks for asking if I'm pregnant before I tell you because if I wasn't you'd be in real trouble right now."
and
In response to people looking sideways, and sometimes even bending over sideways to get a better look, "Yes! I'm pregnant, okay!"

Really, I'm very excited to have another baby! And I'm not even bothered by the asking. I just never could come up with a fantastically clever way to share the news, so then it became more and more awkward as time went by. And the only way I could come up with to blog about it was to just wait a little longer until we actually had news of the gender.

We had an ultrasound today. And our families have already been informed. So now I can finally present to you the news of the day:

It's a boy!

I don't have a scanner, so for now I can only describe to you the relaxed state this baby was in. I mean, he was very active and even had hiccups. But there was one shot of him with his right hand under the back of his head, while he was trying to suck on his left hand. And then a shot of his two femurs in a very wide V-shape, spread eagle. The kid was chillaxin'. I've never seen a baby in anything but fetal position! Ha!

And everything looks normal and right on schedule.

And while I can now begin sorting boy clothes, I'm realizing that many of the clothes we have may not hold up much longer.

And I have put off thinking about names until now. And I think I will need some help. Here is the criteria:

1. Nothing that rhymes or resembles any of my immediate family's names.
2. Nothing that starts with B or Br.
3. L names are iffy.
4. Names ending in ie, ee, ey, or y are iffy.
5. James, Michael, Joshua, Callan, and Thomas are out.
6. Gordon, Bruce, John, Adam, Robert, Nathan, Bryan, Eric, and Andrew are out.

Go!

17 comments:

Sherry said...

I recommend pretty much anything obscure from the Old Testament - Ahaz, Ezekiel, Ishmael, Lot, Abel, Isachaar. Any of those will do.

Unknown said...

I should probably add that Kaylan, Dallon, Jacob, Jared, Eldon, Matt, and Cameron are also out. Also, Caleb the Second is also out.

Britta said...

Congratulations! Scott had told me earlier and I'm glad you've finally announced. Names are a fun challenge! Here are some ideas: Elisha (Eli for short), Jefferson, Peter (love Peter, unfortunately I can't use it because of my last name... too redundant), Phil, Davin...

that's all I have for now. Congrats again!

Tina said...

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. You are totally super mom. :)

Sorry I'm no help in the name department. I haven't given a lot of thought to boy names. If I ever have a boy I am going to be in a pickle. :)

Andrea said...

Congrats!!! Boy names are tough....we are still debating on our little guy's name and he should be here any day. One we liked that would be perfect for a Lindsay: Miles.

Love it!!

Jill said...

Yeah...I have no idea about boy names. We don't know how to do boys around here.

Unknown said...

Also, names ending in L are iffy. Like we could never name a daughter Gayle.

Eric and Jenny said...

Congratulations!

I understand I am never good at thinking of a clever way to tell me people the exciting news either, it's just easier to keep quiet and let it come out when it does.

Sorry I have no suggestions, boy names are so hard for me, and it seems all I can ever come up with are L names, obviously since I have a Lance and Luke!

The Lunts said...

Yay! Congratulations to you guys, we're so excited for you!!

Greg and Tammy said...

CONGRATS!!! Happy to hear the news that the baby boy is healthy and doing well. Sorry I'm not any help with names...

angela said...

Congrats!!! So exciting!

Connie said...

How about Mahonri??? or Moriancumr--call him "Morry" for short.

Seriously, I like Benjamin...
That is a very righteous and real name.

Connie said...

Oops, not "real" name..."regal" name.

Sharley said...

:) Cute tummy! Hmm, names are tricky. I'll let you know if I think of any...

Ashlee said...

Congratulations-so excited for you!
We like Benjamin, Tyler and William:) I didn't look to see if those were names you said NO to already but we don't mind sharing. Good luck!

The Terrell Family said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys!

Kristen said...

Congratulations! So cute and fun. Hmm, names... I've always liked Christopher, Jonathan, Cooper, Weston, Timothy, Scott, Grant... that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!! :)