Friday, September 18, 2009

Misunderstood Misunderstanding

Have you ever had the experience of trying to understand a somewhat incomprehensible little kid? And they keep saying the same thing over and over again, so you know they know what they want?

Well, I never figured out Savanna's "Bobocock." (Any guesses on that one?!)

But I finally figured out another of her sayings that baffled me. Kind of like Mad Gab, I had to hear it over and over again, and in context.

And it finally occurred to me that Savanna had first misunderstood what I had said, and now I was misunderstanding what she was saying.

So the context is Savanna chasing Caleb around the room, and the Mad Gab version is "Tag! I hear it!"

I know, I know, it took me that long to figure it out?

5 comments:

Jill said...

When you finally figure something out that they're saying, it's like you've unlocked some ancient secret code. Or at least that's how excited I get about the whole thing.

Holly said...

Haha, that's funny. I always wondered if the parents had a hard time understanding their kids too. Sometimes I feel stupid when a little kid is talking to me and I don't understand, but the parent looks at me expectantly like, "Well, why don't you answer her question?" It's nice to hear that somebody else has a hard time understanding too.

Patty said...

It takes me a long time to figure out what Emma Jo is saying a lot of the time. I'm glad to hear that you figured one out at least.

Sharley said...

Fun :)! I love it and I look forward to the neat things our little guy will say.

Andrea said...

Your post reminded me of a drawing my sister did for one of her art classes. It was of a mother surrounded by toys, but nothing else, on a big white canvas. The point is that motherhood can be very lonely. You have kids, and you love them, but sometimes it is lonely. Some people are cool just being alone, but for me I need people in my life to be happy. Keep doing what you're doing--VT, going to enrichment, inviting people over, and in time it will come. OR, better idea, move across the street from me! We've done that before and LOVE IT!

Not sure if the link will work, but here's the art piece:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=30038120&id=1432970585