When I'm pregnant, I tend to have dreams where I am extremely thirsty. So I get a drink of water, but I can't taste it. So I drink more, and I still can't feel it going down my throat. Eventually I wake up and get a real drink of water, but sometimes I only think I woke up and got a real drink of water.
And this morning I drank two cups of milk, a cup of water, and I'm still thirsty. And I promise I was awake.
But what this blog is really about is how to keep your kids hydrated. I have been having a hard time making them drink lately, so here are a few things I've tried:
1. Get a new, fun-looking container. This lasted as long as the container was "new."
2. Get sugar-free drink mixes to sweeten the water. This lasted as long as the drink was "new."
3. Get juice boxes. My kids still love these. But they can't have juice every time they drink.
4. Get straws. This one seems to be the favorite so far. I can get them to drink anything with straws.
5. Get twisty straws. We have one, and it's fun, but it's hard to clean. However, you do what you have to when trying to get your kids to drink!
Do you have any other suggestions?
5 comments:
My kids love, love, love, ice water for some reason. Regular water--they won't drink nearly as much. Throw some ice in there and they just chug it.
I don't know anything about getting kids to drink water, but I do know that excessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes. So, you might want to make sure you don't have any other signs of gestational diabetes. My sis-in-law had it for 3/4 pregnancies, but she only knew it for the last one, and because she knew it she was able to manage it really well, and it made the whole pregnancy a lot better. Plus her baby wasn't as big!
those are great ideas, I'll need them in a few years... I remember my mom always used to make us "home-aid" popsickles, we didn't realize we were getting hydrated! tricky! We saw brian at the airport, too bad we didn't get to see you too!
Those were some good ideas. I have tried diluting juice quite a bit so it has some flavor but mostly water.
Some sort of feeding tube?
Post a Comment