I have a short attention span, when it comes to reading blogs. Therefore, I am not going to make this one too unbearable for you. This past weekend, Bryan and I went on an overnight date.

We got dressed up and ate at a fancy restaurant in the fancy hotel. It cost $50, and we went to McDonald's afterward to satiate our lingering hunger.

This is the Seattle skyline, on a typical Seattle day.

Apparently, humans have been feeding the seagulls too long. These obese creatures sit right next to the restaurants begging for a handout. And sometimes, I've been told, they don't even wait to be offered, they just land right on your table if you're not careful.

At the Pacific Science Center

The Space Needle Hat

After we got home, our kids started doing really cute things. Actually, I think because we missed them, everything they did was cute. This is Savanna's mad/mischievous face.

Savanna shoving her foot into her shoe, instead of shoving the shoe onto her foot.

Shhh. Buzz is taking a nap.

Sunday morning Bryan was surprised into giving a lesson in Elders' Quorum. You can't see very well, but Caleb was actually copying some of Bryan's notes.

Sunday night we went for a walk on the beach with some of our new friends.

Our family

Our new friends. They live less than half a mile away, and their two youngest are our kids' ages. And Jeanne (Juh-nay, or Zhuh-nay in French) and I get along very well. I'm so glad I have a friend here!
6 comments:
You look so pretty in red, that is a great picture of you guys! What a fun weekend, that is great that you are already making such wonderful friends. Oh and I loved Buzz taking his nap, cute.
I love the pictures of Seattle. It reminds me of Home:) You do look very pretty Brianne. The kids are SO adorable! Love it:)
love the space needle hat. sounds like a fun weekend! sorry this summer has been kind of gloomy, but hopefully it will stay nice...
Hi Brianne,
I've been meaning to check out your blog since you left that awesome sleep advice on my blog (I'll update about the sleeping soon so stay tuned). What a cute family you have! Are you guys in Seattle? Do you ever see the Singley's? I'm trying to workout regularly too but sometimes the bed gravity just keeps me sleeping. :) Good luck and be in touch.
elsha
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Dallon and I were able to see some of that a couple of years ago and it was neat, especially the seagulls, crazy things. I'm glad to hear that you are making friends, you guys seem to be pretty good at that. So I was curious to know who watched the kids while you were away for a night?
What a great date!! I'm jealous...haha! We're all glad you guys moved in. I hope you know that you have more than just a friend here! :o)
Post a Comment