Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I know I'm a little late, but I finally have come up with some resolutions that I am serious about and determined to keep.

1. Simplify. I have been reading books on household organization and simplification. I'll give you recommendations or reviews of the books if you are interested. Very helpful.

2. Calm down. My goal is to be much more objective about everything. About my 3-year-old's behavior, my 1-year-old's behavior, sleep, offenses, annoyances, worries, etc.

2 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

I would love the name and reviews and recommendations of the books. I could always be more organized. Great resolutions because there are only a few and they are manageable!

Unknown said...

30 Days to a Simpler Life--Cris Evatt
This was by far my favorite of the three. It starts with some general guidelines on how to organize your house, your mind, and your schedule; and advice on dejunking and buying new things. Then it goes on to give details on specific parts of your house and life. Loved this book.

Lose 200 Lbs This Weekend--Don Aslett
This one was similar to the first one; had I read it first, it might have been my favorite. But it said a lot of the same things about "dejunking" as the first book, and I was oversaturated with specifics.

Make Your House Do the Housework--Don Aslett
This book is geared more toward people who are building their home or remodeling. A lot of these ideas require time and money, but can save you tons of both in the long run. This book shows you how you can build in "systems" and appliances that reduce the amount of work you have to do in your home.